As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Between Track Saw and Table Saw, which one should you choose? This is an easy question to answer. In particular, both types of saws have their own advantages and disadvantages. How do you know that Track Saw or Table Saw is suitable for your needs? This article has the information you need. Let’s find out!
What is A Track Saw?
The Track saw, also sometimes called a plunge saw, refers to a type of rail sawing system. Rail sawing is usually made of aluminum to guide the saw. This system will help sawmills to cut wood accurately and quickly.
With a track saw, its unique point is that it is attached to a long guide rail, making the cuts with professionalism and high efficiency.
To cut, you must first locate the rail on the wood. The Track will show you an accurate, stable cut. So, you don’t have to worry about sawing or sliding off the track by accident. Just move it forward along the path, and you will make the cut very smooth, resulting in a perfectly straight and beautiful cut.
What is A Table Saw?
A table saw is sometimes regarded as sawbench. As its name suggests, a table saw is a table in which a circular saw blade protrudes over the surface of the table, which can often be adjusted to change the depth and cutting angle.
Unlike the Track saw that you have to move the saw blade, table saws operate by cutting and running wood through the saw.
The Saw table is a powerful tool in cutting thick pieces of wood or with strange forms. It can cut a large amount of wood without breaking the whole piece of wood. Also, it is suitable for performing repeated and narrow cuts. The saw table is the tool you often see in factories with large capacity.
So, what are the benefits and disadvantages of each saw line?
Pros and Cons
- Portability: Its use is very flexible and smooth. Unlike the table saw, the track saw is light and relatively compact so you can move it from one place to another effortlessly with one hand. Also, you can use the saw with one hand and perform another task with the other hand with not much difficulty.
- Power: You will have a completely straight cut without having to draw lines, or fear having cut out of the marked line. Furthermore, it will create a smoother cut than that created by the table saw. The wood will not move while you make the cut, thus making the control much better. Besides, the use of the table saw does not limit the ability to create long-length angles.
- Space: With its compact size, the track saw doesn’t take up too much space in your workshop. You can easily bring it with you everywhere like from home to work. Therefore, it is also suitable for narrow spaces.
- Timing: It will take longer to finish the job when compared to the table saw. Because when working with the Track saw, you need time to set up, mark the cut, align the position of the saw and more.
- Capacity: It will be tough to cut at the center of the wood if the size of it is too big for the woodworker’s reach.
- Power: Because the working principle is to move the wood through the blade, so, you won’t be limited by the length of the track. It will be better for you to cut large and long pieces of wood.
- Capacity: Besides, it is suitable for repetitive cuts, because the table saw lets you know exactly what you will get after each cut. And because it stands still, there is no need to move the table saw, which allows your materials to have the exact same size. Due to the flexibility in changing the depth of the saw, it can easily cut thicker wood panels. Also, the table saw is not limited by the length of the track and can be easily cut to the center of a large piece of wood.
- Space: The biggest drawback of the table saw is that it requires a large space for storage and operation. The table saw will occupy a considerable amount of space in your workshop. So, for small factories, or for making wood at home, this will be a difficulty and inconvenience.
- Portability: It is very difficult to move the table saw also, once you have set the position. The saw seems to stay in its fixed position without being able to move anywhere.
In short, the Track saw is suitable for those looking for a powerful, portable saw. Meanwhile, the table saw will be for those with a larger working space. Therefore, depending on the intended use and purpose, you can choose the saw that suits you best.
To sum up
Now you have the necessary information about Track Saw and Table Saw. I believe you understand that each device will have different uses and depending on your needs you will choose a useful device.
If you find this article useful, please share it with your friends and anyone who needs it. We also have other interesting articles, such as “Table Saw Vs Circular Saw – Which One Is Better in Wood Decoration?“. Your support is the motivation for us to continue publishing new articles. See you!